The Greenbrier Valley EDC is seeking interest from businesses that need additional room to expand their operations to become the first tenants of the organization’s Commercialization Center. This project will better align the assets of the organization with the needs of the businesses in the community, and offer a solution to a growing problem expanding businesses face – finding space to grow.
Greenbrier Valley EDC will utilize a flexible construction system at their current building at the Industrial Park that will allow the conversion of up to 40,000 sf of open space into industrial bays of 2-10,000 square feet, for businesses that are scaling operations.
Based on business feedback and market analysis, the current project proposes:
- Access to utilities, including 3 phase power and broadband.
- A prime location, 4 miles to I-64.
- Flexible space – building to size needed for tenants.
- Individual bays with shared loading facilities including a forklift (must be trained before use)
- Shared bathrooms
- Heated bays
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Secured by a surveillance system and digital locks
- Fire alarm and sprinkler services
- On-site facility manager
- Support in ongoing business development from GVEDC and partners at State level.
- Business services and on-site trainings offered by partners such as WVU Industrial Extension and WV Hive.
- Access to on-site conference room for meetings
- Affordable rents: anticipated $4-$5/square foot annually
Greenbrier Valley EDC is applying for grant funds to help with the construction of the facility. To recieve funding, we are required to show evidence of demand. If funded, the construction will begin in late Fall 2023, and anticipated completion date is Summer 2024. If not funded, the construction plan slows down, but the plan stays in place.
With construction support, leases rates are expected to be market rate – around $4/square foot, which means a 5,000 sf space would be rented for than $20,000 per year, or $1,667 monthly. Electric costs will be internally metered and billed by bay, and other utilities as designed are included in cost.
This facility is not designed for office or retail operations. Ceiling height on building is 12’.
If interested, fill out the form below, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-497-4300. We will need to letters of support from businesses that would like to use this space to qualify for funding. This interest form is not binding, it helps us prove demand.